25 Apr Occupational Therapist – Pediatric Clinic, Lexington, SC, Full Time
Website Pediatric Therapy Associates
Pediatric Clinic, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy, Job Opening
Occupational Therapist – Pediatrics
Pediatric Therapy Associates is seeking an energetic, compassionate and driven occupational therapist to join our team. We are looking for a dedicated therapist that is committed to excellence who seeks to impact the lives of children ages 0-21 and their families. We strive to deliver the highest quality care, using a collaborative team approach and strong company values. Our focus is on excellent patient care and providing mentorship and opportunities for each therapist to grow as a professional and an individual alongside a close-knit, cohesive team.
The following duties are not intended to serves as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be require to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Meets the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities by implementing programs involving manual arts and crafts, practice in functional, prevocational, vocational and homemaking skills, activities of daily living, and sensory motor, educational, recreational and social activities.
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing therapies according to individual’s physical capacity, intelligence level and interest.
- Evaluates results of occupational therapy by observing, noting and evaluating patient’s progress; recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following case being closed by designing and instructing patients, families and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal/professional networks; participating in professional societies.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and certification requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of rehabilitative treatment techniques as utilized by the generalist in treating multiple age groups.
- Knowledge of the regulations and practice standards of Pediatric Occupational Therapy.
- Knowledge of direct patient care of Occupational Therapy to pediatric patients.
- Knowledge of equipment and instruments used in daily activities.
- Skill in treating Pediatric Occupational Therapy patients.
- Skill in using applicable equipment and instruments.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in critical thinking in the performance of Pediatric Occupational Therapy.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
- Skills in maintaining good working relationships with community resources, referral sources, agencies and colleagues (PT and SLP).
*Our hours are Mon-Thurs 8:00-5:00 and Friday 9:00-2:00.
*Our pay is very competitive and can be structured on a per hour basis or salary rate.
*We have an extensive benefits package to include
- Mentorship program for the first year
- 401K with matching
- Health insurance (United HealthCare)
- FSA (flexible spending account)
- Long-term, short-term disability
- Paid holidays
- Allowance for CE credits each year
- License Reimbursement
- Scrubs and apparel provided 2 times a year
- Moving allowance based on contractual terms
*We are currently accepting all resumes and interviewing for this position, please feel free to call our office with any questions. Otherwise, attach your resume and we will be in contact within 24-48 hrs. The team of therapists we have at our clinic makes an environment that is not only a pleasure to work in, but also a creative and innovative learning facility!